How exciting! Just saw my pet-retail email marketing advice appear in the latest issue of Pet Business magazine.
Check it out under “Cutting Communication Costs” 🙂 http://lnkd.in/732Gx2
That article includes all kinds of free and low-cost tips for running a super-efficient pet retail business. Plus I have a few more suggestions regarding pet internet marketing and how to save money:
- Here’s a FREE way to keep adding fresh content to your pet website in a way that attracts more potential customers. Write a blog entry on your site 2 times a week. It can be very short — just talk about what’s new in your store, or special offers, or a cool pet-related event in your town, or your philosophy about the products you carry or your approach to customer service. The topics are infinite as long as you’re enthusiastic about your store and your customers.
- Another way is to add fresh content is to write press releases about your company and post them on your website.
- In addition, you could write articles about pet product trends and local pet events… or have guest writers post articles for you. Maybe you can partner with a local veterinary practice to write articles about pet nutrition and the products you offer for various pet conditions such as diabetes or skin issues.
- Here’s another way to drive free traffic to your website: ask your local pet community to link to your website. For example, ask local dog groomers, trainers, boarding facilities, veterinary hospitals, etc. to link to your pet retail store’s website. And you do the same for them. There’s no cost to this approach!
- And coming very soon… you can compete with the “big stores” by offering a powerful, low-cost Loyalty Rewards program that runs itself while boosting your store traffic and sales. What a relief for you! Stay tuned for more details on the launch of this exciting program.
Please let me know what you think of these pet internet marketing tips. And feel free to add your ideas. If you need help with any of these ideas, feel free to contact me.
Until next time, here’s to a prosperous website.
These are really helpful tips. I would also add local shelters and rescue organizations as resources and help them out whenever possible with publicity. One great way to build customer loyalty among animal lovers is to show that you really care about animals and their welfare.
Very Helpful Post. I Am Bookmarkeing Your Post . Thanks