Golden Retrievers are big, lovable creatures. They greet you with utter joy and share their warmth, plus they’re eager to please. They’ll fiercely loyal, no matter what. And they’ll fetch just about anything for you. What’s not to love, right?
But what do Golden Retrievers have to do with successful blogging for your pet business? Everything.
The unwritten credo of Golden Retrievers is this: I love everybody and I live to please.
The best business blogs have a similar credo: I care about my customers, and I’m focused on pleasing them by solving their needs.
If your pet business or veterinary practice blog follows that credo, you’ll improve your search engine results, attract more prospects and build a loyal following. Ultimately, this will help you grow your business.
Here’s how to think of this in a Golden Retriever way: Your blog posts will work very well if you…
- Greet your readers warmly with a conversational “this may help you” tone,
- Provide useful tips, insights and solutions that please them,
- Fetch and report on important information your readers are seeking and will appreciate,
- Ask a question that shows you truly care about your readers
- End with a warm invitation to explore the solutions further (such as your products or services) — but in a friendly way, not by jumping on them with a “hard sell.”
In my next post, I’ll provide simple, specific guidelines on how to do pet business blogging the Golden Retriever way — how to use messages, keywords and formatting that lead more prospects to your door.
Have you seen any pet business or veterinary practice blogs that follow the Golden Retriever method? We’d love to see them.
In the meantime,
Here’s to a prosperous pet website!