For the most effective pet website SEO, focus on this tactic
This just in… quality content matters when it comes to attracting visitors to your pet or veterinary website! Actually, it always mattered, but a recent blog post from Marketing Profs brought it to our attention with statistics from a new marketing survey.
The blog post stated, “Marketing and sales professionals say creating quality content is THE MOST EFFECTIVE search engine optimization (SEO) tactic, according to the results of a recent survey conducted by Ascend2. More than half (57%) of the global professionals polled say quality content creation is one of the most effective SEO strategies employed by their company.”*
What else matters when it comes to bringing in business through Google and other search engines? The Marketing Profs article noted these survey findings from Ascend2: “Other SEO efforts seen as effective include:
- Keyword research and management (47% say it is one of the most effective tactics)
- Frequent website updating (37%)
- Social media integration (32%), and
- Frequent blogging (28%)”
Now, here’s a question about your website.
How often do you focus on these aspects of your pet or veterinary marketing effort?
- Optimizing your web page content by reviewing keywords and using them ethically in the right places?
- Updating your web content, such as your articles, product descriptions, photos, staff profiles, videos and so on?
- Integrating your social media to lead people to your website?
- Posting interesting, helpful or entertaining blog posts?
If you answered, “Every month!” — congratulations! You’re a web marketing superstar and you probably enjoy nice leads and sales as a result.
BUT — if you’re NOT posting fresh, highly useful and top-quality content on your pet or veterinary business website… you’ll want to take another look and devote time and energy to this effort. That’s because most of your new customers are using Google and other search engines on their computers and smartphones to find what you offer. In fact, they may be searching for your products or solutions RIGHT NOW.
Here’s what you can do to make sure your website has quality content:
- If you have someone on your staff who can write quality content, make a new plan to update your site and add new content each month at the very least. Map out a topics list of helpful how-to articles, seasonal tips, demo videos, photos and other useful content based on what your customers are looking for online. (Keyword research will tell you what they’re seeking.)
- If you don’t have a writer, we highly recommend hiring a web content/SEO expert, perhaps on a monthly retainer so you can keep the momentum going. The increased traffic and revenue for your business will be well worth the investment. Contact us if you’d like to find skilled writers who understand quality content and SEO.
Until next time,
Here’s to a successful pet website!