Easter bunny social media success for your pet business You’ve probably heard that pet owners spend more time today on social media sites than ever before. And Hubspot.com confirms that consumer use of social media has grown 250% in the past two years… so you need to be there. And yes, it’s true that likeable…
This weekend, I was browsing through some pet retail magazines and came across a new report that might interest you. It’s called Strategies for Effective Facebook Wall Posts for the Retail Industry, and it includes a number of fascinating facts that may well be worth considering for your pet business Facebook page, whether you’re marketing pet products or services.
- Posting 1-4 times a week produces 71% higher user engagement than 5 or more posts for retail brands: quality trumps frequency
- Posts containing fewer than 80 characters produce 66% higher engagement than longer posts (wow!)
- Posts containing questions generate more than double the amount of comments, even if they may get fewer “likes,”
- Top retail sales keywords that produced more user engagement: “$ off” and “coupon” worked best (55% higher user engagement rates); while the words “sale” and “percent off” (or % off) produced the lowest; even posts about offers less than $10 off produce 17% higher engagement than percent-off posts
- The 2 most effective types of retail brand posts contain a single photo attachment or use only words. Posts containing only words produce 94% higher engagement than avg.
- Wednesday is the best day to post, although you obviously shouldn’t post ONLY on Wednesday. 🙂